IBEW Local Union 584 Referral Procedure:
1. All group I, II, III and IV applicants must sign the book in the group in which he qualifies, in person between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday at the local union business office.
2. Book I Applicants cannot be working for a signatory contractor of IBEW LU 584. Book II Applicant’s cannot be working out of any other local.
3. All request for employment will be placed on the night line answering machine 918-592-2990 and the website www.ibew584.com by 5pm each business day. If an applicant is willing to accept one of the calls, he/she must leave a message for the dispatcher that includes your first and last name, card number, and which job you are bidding on, you can call 918-592-2989 and press 5 for dispatch or wait till the end of the nightline recording for the dispatcher voicemail to pick up, or bid the job online through the 584 website, or be at the union hall to sign the day book before 8:15am. NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 8:15am. The dispatcher will call the respondents in the order they appear on the available for work list. If there is no response the calls will be filled in accordance with the CBA. NOT ALL JOBS WILL BE BIDDABLE.
4. If an applicant bids on a call and then refuses the job, or does not return the dispatchers call by 9:00am the applicant will be removed from the available for work list and must sign the book in person to be placed back on the available for work list.
5. All referrals issued to applicant’s and not presented to the employer, will be void 24 hours after issuance, except Saturdays, Sundays, all holidays, or otherwise requested by the employer, and applicant will be taken off the books.
6. Short calls will be dispatched by day book sign-in only.
7. All short calls will be a maximum of fifteen (15) calendar days with day one being the day on which you actually become employed by the contractor. Short call dispatching will commence from the last number dispatched on the previous short call dispatch, the exception being that should the first person eligible for a short call on this system be advanced on the book due to other regular call or applicants being removed from the book, then the starting number for short call dispatch will move up with that eligible applicant.
8. If you quit a short call or are fired before the short call is completed, you lose your position on the book and must resign the book in person.
9. If an applicant is spun through no fault of his own, he will be placed back on the available for work list in the position he was in when he took the call.
10. The Business Manager is responsible to fill calls in a timely manner as needed by employers, this means in an emergency, referral may have to be made on weekends or Holidays if possible using the standard notification process.
11. The Business Manager, or his assistants, will not be required to give the expected length of any job to an applicant, and any overtime mentioned in the call process is not guaranteed.
12. All Applicants must re-register each month to retain their place on the available for work list. This monthly resign will begin on the 10th and end at 11:59pm on the 16th of each month. Applicants may re-register by
a. Mail – 584 S Lewis Tulsa, OK 74104
b. Fax – 918-599-0584
c. E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Website – www.ibew584.com
e. In person
In order for your resign to be processed the following information must be included
a. First and Last Name
b. Card number or Social Security Number
c. The word “resign”
If your re-sign is not received by 11:59pm on the 16th day of each month you will be removed from the list.
This is the IBEW Local Union 584 Information line
Friday, January 17, 2020 5pm update.
There are 21 JW’s on Book I, 25 JW’s on Book II
The calls for Monday January 20th
5 JW Regular Calls for Allison Smith working in Pryor. Currently working 4-10's and 2-8's. OK State License, Background Check, Fit for Duty Test, OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 within the last 5 years. This job is biddable.